PROFIBUS & PROFINET International (PI) is pleased to be associated with IoT & Industry 4.0 Online Conference & Exhibition, an online conference which is being held on June 16th, 2020. The event will run live online from 10 am GMT to 5 pm GMT. The sessions will also be available for download by participants following the event.
PI's Deputy Chairman, Michael Bowne, is lined up to present on digital transformation for industrial networks under the title "Go digital. Go PROFINET". Michael's presentation will answer many questions including:
- What does digital transformation mean for industrial networks?
- How can a future-proof networking strategy help companies go digital?
- What are the trends in automation networks that are shaping digitalization?
The IoT & Industry 4.0 Online Conference & Exhibition is timely as the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way businesses have had to operate, and the crisis is expected to accelerate the adoption of new technologies and techniques within the workplace. It is also highly relevant to PI since our technologies, PROFINET and IO-Link, have become the backbone of Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things - IIoT.
The Uptake of Industry 4.0
In simple terms, the Internet of Things (IoT) covers all devices, ranging from basic sensors to smartphones and wearables, that are connected to the internet and which can ‘talk’ to each other. IoT allows devices to communicate not only within closed silos but across different networks, so creating a more connected IT environment.
Of course, IoT is a central facet of the digitisation of manufacturing, often referred to as the fourth industrial revolution (Industry 4.0) or the ‘digitally-networked society’. Businesses that are slow to embrace digitisation will be placed at a competitive disadvantage with shrinking returns and declining productivity.
The IoT & Industry 4.0 Conference & Exhibition is an online conference which is being held on June 16th 2020. The event will run live online from 10 am GMT to 5 pm GMT. The sessions will also be available for download by participants following the event.
The IoT & Industry 4.0 Conference & Exhibition will attempt to demystify and the whole area of IoT and highlight its increasing use in industrial applications, to significantly improve efficiency, save both time and money while also reducing waste and increasing safety at work. The online conference will show how businesses of all sizes can improve the way they deliver products and services on a daily basis as well as identifying opportunities for growth.
IoT represents a major advancement on conventional SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems, which are a common feature of factory floors. SCADA systems do not ‘talk’ to other systems such as sales, inventory, logistics and production. The implementation of IoT software facilitates this wider use of the data collected through wider inter-connection. For example, using IoT could enable a production line, linked to sales, inventory and delivery to automatically reconfigure to produce small batches, when required.
The online conference will provide participants with an insight into implementing successful programs, tailored to their specific needs, in order to drive business development and efficiencies. The event will feature speakers from companies that are exemplary leaders in IoT & Industry 4.0, who can offer practical advice and expertise.
- Listen to over 15 educational seminars on the latest industry issues
- Hear panel debates on the key issues facing the sector
- Listen to key insights from industry thought leaders
- Participate in in-depth workshops
- Join the talks live or watch later in your own time.
- Hear first-hand case studies from the country’s leading companies who are transforming their businesses through automation & robotics technology.
- See demonstrations of the latest solutions in our technology showcase
- Avail of the excellent networking opportunities with peers throughout the day
- Join the Q&A session with industry thought leaders
- Network with key providers of automation & robotics technology in the exhibitor and sponsor showcase.
The IoT & Industry 4.0 Online Conference & Exhibition is being presented by Dublin-based Premier Publishing & Events. In addition to producing successful business-to-business magazines for almost a quarter of a century, the company is also the organiser of four dedicated, annual conferences and exhibitions designed to cover the latest developments within the manufacturing industry and its associated supply chain in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland: Forthcoming events include:
- The UK Manufacturing & Supply Chain Conference & Exhibition at the Arena MK, Milton Keynes on 1st of July 2020;
- The Scotland Manufacturing & Supply Chain Conference & Exhibition at the SEC Glasgow on 15th of October 2020;
- The Ireland Manufacturing & Supply Chain Conference & Exhibition at the Citywest Exhibition Centre, Dublin, on January 27th & 28th 2021;
- The Northern Ireland Manufacturing & Supply Chain Expo at the Titanic Exhibition Centre, Belfast on 25th of February 2021.
Click here for further information and to register to participate in the IoT & Industry 4.0 Online Conference & Exhibition,
or contactMark Hutchinson, Sales Manager, mark.hutchinson(at)prempub(dot)ie, +353 1 6120880